“So often these days eating Indian food passes for spirituality. I don’t meditate, I don’t pray, but I eat two samosa’s every day.” – Dan Bern
Not only can I promise you a samosa recipe, in addition I can give you a spiritual experience and healthy versions of roti, chapati, paratha, dosa plus a WHOLE lot more…
If you’re missing spicy foods on AIP, you will adore this wonderful addition to your AIP cookbook library. I do!
Bethany Darwin has created a fabulous PALEO and AIP-FRIENDLY resource for lovers of Indian food with her My Paleo AIP Indian Adventure cookbook.
With over 60 AIP-friendly recipes, Bethany has successfully reworked a wide array of traditional Indian fair – removing nightshades, legumes, nuts, grains, dairy and seed-based spices to make them all allergy-friendly and seriously tasty.
Along the way, she gives us a comprehensive lesson in how to navigate alternative spices that fit the protocol along with some helpful tips on how to substitute ingredients to add a little kick to your cooking. It’s inspired (and I’m looking forward to using some of her spice alternatives tips in my cooking)!
My first foray into Bethany’s Indian adventure included spiced lamb kebabs, Coriander Chutney, Simple Saag and AIP Chapatis. The saag was a revelation for me – so good! – and I believe David’s exact words were, “You can make that meal again for me, anytime”! He loved it, too.
And, leftover chapati smothered in saag and homemade kraut makes for a great breakfast on the run!
Next on my radar are Plantain Bhajis, Kerala Fish Mango Curry, and Aloo Gobi. Oh, and I want to check out how Bethany’s Chicken Tikka Masala stacks up, too.
I don’t know about you, but cuisines like Indian always feel like they’re going to be so labor intensive to me… All those ingredients!
When I started thinking about cooking form Bethany’s cookbook, that niggle was my stumbling block. I don’t want to have to fiddle around with special ingredients.
But, I needn’t have worried. Bethany makes it so easy (the Simple Saag is even made with frozen spinach and I promise it is fast becoming a staple around here!)
What do you get with My Paleo AIP Indian Adventure?
- an introduction to regional Indian cuisine and culture
- 60+ traditional Indian recipes – including breads and basics, snacks and appetizers, lamb dishes, chicken dishes, seafood dishes, sides and vegetable dishes, desserts and drinks
- Printable charts with AIP herbs and spices
- Guide to substitute non-AIP spices with AIP-compliant ones (one of my favorite sections)
- a comprehensive shopping list for your Indian pantry
- a section on oconut-free recipes and suggested substitutions
You can pick up your eBook copy of Bethany’s My Paleo AIP Indian Adventure ($14.99) by clicking here.
We have a (digital) copy of MY PALEO AIP INDIAN ADVENTURE by BETHANY DARWIN for one lucky subscriber!
There are 2 easy steps to enter the giveaway –
1. Subscribe to the Conscious Autoimmunity newsletter. Either signup HERE or click the link at the top right corner of this page. If you already receive our newsletter, you’re good to go! No need to sign up again.
2. Leave a comment on this post telling us just why you’d like to win a copy of this fab’ and nutrient dense book.
A Couple of Things to Note:
This giveaway is open to everyone. We’ll send the giveaway winner their copy anywhere in the world, even Timbuktu!
The winner will be chosen at random on Thursday, 31 January at 2pm Central Standard Time.